Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tie-Dye baby things

Im expecting a little girl in July, and decided to get a little bit crafty for her. So I decided to tie-dye a whole bunch of socks and onesies for her.  I dont have much detail on how I did this since really I just got out the dye and started playing around. I got a tie-dye kit. This one. 
Then I pulled out some infant cotton socks, and a few Gerber onesies and t-shirts. And rubber banded them at random. Then just dyed away. My husband said I got more dye on me than on the clothes. Here is how they all turned out. It was a lot of fun. 



These just happen to be my favorite. 



I had fun, I know its not a new idea but it was easy. After it had all set for 8 hours I just tossed them all in the washer on cold. Of course I didn't wash them with anything else but the other newly dyed things! But after a good wash they came out nice. I did leave the rubber bands on for the washing, and took them off before putting them in the dryer. 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your little girl is already very proud of her creative and imaginative mum!
    Love all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My next project is to learn how to sew so I can make her clothes. Sometimes Im too crafty for my own good.

      Delete