Saturday, May 5, 2012

Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival

What a fun day I had at MD Sheep & Wool today. All the sheep! I love feeling their wool right on the sheep. The Merino sheep were the best to see for me. Beware this will be lots of photos!  

leicester longwool

Merino yearlings, I loved them! 

Angora goat kid, so darn cute. I wanted to take him home. My husband said "No, we live in an apartment" He is a fun sucker. 

Clun Forest ewe with twin lambs. I love their color. 

California Variegated Mutant, I love this breed! Would love to one day have one.


Now for some of the stuff I got! I managed to not bring home too much. My husband kept me on a leash, that would be why I made him come with me. I had to behave. 

Merino roving to spin, going to do this a little thick and thin. 


Corriedale silk blend, 9.8 ounces. Cant wait to spin it, its a slight dark blue/light blue blend. This roving is pin drafted so will be easy to spin up. 

1.1 pound raw Jacob fleece. This is a very nice fleece, I cant wait to wash it and run it through a drum carder.



Cant wait for next year! Any body else go? What did you get? I want to see your loot! 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment