Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bachelor Buttons

This is a painting that was very interesting for me. I under painted it with Alien Art Concepts spray paints. I only had primary colors so I started by spray yellow and blue, then over top white and using a brush to blend. It dries very fast, and is almost a tacky plastic feel. And at first putting oil paint over top was very different. It makes an interesting texture I must say, but I think it turned out great.

I started by painting in the table in sienna brown (oil paint) with liquin just to make it thin. Then the white pitcher. From there I put where the flowers would be in black acrylic paints, just so it would dry fast so I could immediately  start tapping in the blue, in oils. 


The alien paint underneath made the oils feel almost sticky, so they stood up with lots of impesto, which was the idea. I left them without stems or leaves until the end. 
I think the leaves really made the painting. I really love how the whole thing turned out. I did this painting in the studio with my teacher Lora Seiss. I really loved painting on the Alien spray paints, and I now call it the fun paint. I need to get some of my own.... 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment