Sunday, October 28, 2012

Iron On- Fail, hot glue gun win!

*This was an iron on fail.... Just to warn you. I was not happy but not surprised. I cant Iron on anything! So maybe it would work for you...

Ergo Baby make-over  
I baby wear my four month old daughter. I have a Moby wrap and an Ergo carrier. I tend to use the Ergo the most when we go out shopping and places like that. And lately with the cold weather and lots of germs I have been getting really grumpy when random strangers think its ok to touch my baby! I step away or turn and say no touching but it always happens at least once. And one of these days someone is going to lose a hand for it. So I thought I need a giant neon sign over my head reading "Dont touch my baby!" Seeing as that wasn't really possible I decided to go with this. 

(Dont mind my wonderful clashing shirt. This was midnight trying to put baby to sleep!)




I got these wonderful flocked iron on letters. They were a major fail in the IRON ON department. Oh well.


Here is my precious Ergo 


I tried and tried to iron on the letters the way the directions said. It just wouldn't stick at all! So I thought maybe it was the fabric of the ergo, so I tried it out on a cotton t-shirt. I still couldn't get it so I gave up! I put the tiniest hot glue on the back of each letter and pressed them down where I wanted. Once that was all laid out I put a cotton t-shirt over it and ironed over all the letters to make sure they were really on there. Seems to have worked! Now to see if people can read... Either way at least I've put it out there that I dont want people touching her. She bites everything that gets close enough, and I really dont want some strangers fingers in her mouth. Even if they didn't mean for their fingers to end up there! 

So simple but I like it. 


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment