Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm a Cloth Diapering Mama

When I was pregnant with Tempe, I thought about how I wanted to raise her. I thought about all sorts of things! And one of the things I thought about was, how to use all natural diapers and not break the bank. I knew I didnt want to use your typical chemical filled disposable, but found that the all natural disposables are fairly expensive. Not only that, its a lot of waste! Too much trash to lug out daily. Or if not daily, disgusting! I decided to go with one size pocket style diapers. 


Now I knew one size is a little deceptive, they do not fit until baby is about 10 pounds. So unless you have a whopper of a baby, dont expect one size to fit the day you bring baby home from the hospital. Not going to happen. I saw it this way, I just had a baby, I was exhausted. Who needs to do laundry with a 2 day old baby? Some do, Im not that crazy. I did use disposables until she was about seven weeks old. 

I used these 

They worked great during that tiny newborn phase. When you think they will never stop pooping! My goodness I would never have wanted to do that much laundry! You would never guess a baby could go through so many diapers. So after spending her future college fund on diapers, we moved to cloth diapers! 

Tempe in her very first cloth diaper. A Sunbaby Diaper 
I love them!!! 

My stash consists of 
4 Bumgenius one size pockets
4 Sunbaby one size pockets
2 Fuzzibunz one size pockets (one is an elite)
1  Rumparooz one size pocket
1 Happy Heinys one size pocket
1 Bumkins one size pocket



I got my storage at Ikea
All of these diapers are snaps. I love the snaps, only downside to this is husbands doing diaper changes. Turns out to many snaps can be rather confusing for the poor guy.


I also found prefold love, I have one Thirsties size one cover, a one size Flip cover, as well as a SweetPea onesize cover. I prefer these for night time, though sometimes for night time I use a Thirsties fitted diaper. Depending on what is clean. I love prefolds for when we go out. I find pockets make my diaper bag a massive thing to contend with. I use cotton prefolds, I have a few brands. I now have a stash to last two days between washing. Its all about preference!



well there you have it, an introduction to my cloth diapering. I will post more later!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment