Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Top Five Things for the Newborn stage

Lets be real, what do you really need for a baby?

1. Arms, got em? good. You may want to grow about 6 more arms. You will be holding baby a LOT! 
2. Boobs, if you're a man you're gonna need bottles. If you're going to breast feed you will need these. Your baby may seem to be attached at first. You go from an umbilical cord to a boob. It gets better.
3. A car seat, you don't automatically come equipped with this one. This is something I agonized over! I have no tips for you. 

So to sum up, a baby needs love, some where to sleep, something to eat. And of course a way to get to and from all of those Doctor check ups! 

But there are things that make those first few weeks easier. 

A good sleep sack (or ten) I have five. They are great in place of blankets. Tempe hates being swaddled so this is something we still use. 

A Boppy. Not just for nursing! though really its a life saver when feeding a tiny floppy baby. 
I toss a blanket over our boppy and use it like this. 

A bouncer! To be honest I kept mine in the bathroom most the time. So I could shower or you know pee without holding a screaming baby! 
Now my bouncer lives in my laundry room. You know so we can all have clean clothes!


A Moby Wrap, may seem daunting the first time you tie it. But really its easy, and I loved it! 
Sadly I dont have a picture of us using it. 

The last thing I find myself always using, and still do. Would be a glider rocker. Its great for putting that grumpy baby to sleep. Or for breastfeeding. I might as well live in this chair.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment